Good Governance Day
Celebrating good governance day every year all over the India on 25th of December has been declared by the Government of India. Actually the 25th of December is the birth anniversary of our former Prime Minister, Atal Bihari Vajpayee which has been declared as the Good Governance Day to give him honour and respect forever. It has been declared by the Indian government that 25th of December (Good Governance Day) would be the full working day.
Good Governance Day 2017
Good governance day 2017 would be celebrated by the people all over the India on 25th of December, at Monday.
History of Good Governance Day
The birth anniversary of the former Prime Minister, Atal Bihari Vajpayee, 25th of December, was declared in 2014 by the BJP government to be celebrated every year all through the India as a Good Governance Day. It is a great honour for the people of India to celebrate good governance day in India annually on the birth anniversary of the Atal Bihari Vajpayee. Good Governance Day on the birthday of Atal Bihari Vajpayee was announced first by the department of electronics and information technology of Indian government.
The declaration of the good governance day is done on the basis of “Good Governance through e-Governance”. It was an event which was to be celebrated by inviting all the government officials for meeting and communication which later comprises as the main function. It is celebrated by organizing a day long exhibition and inviting the government officers to participate as well as suggest something about the e-governance and exhibition.
The declaration of Good Governance Day celebration in India on 25th of December coincides with the Christmas celebration (a gazetted holiday) however on the good governance day a full working day is declared. It was 90th birthday of the former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee when it got declared as good governance day.
How to Celebrate Good Governance Day
NDA government has declared to celebrate the good governance day on 25th of December every year on the birth anniversary of the Atal Bihari Vajpayee and Madan Mohan Malaviya. Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) has communicated to celebrate the good governance day by organizing variety of activities in the government offices, schools, colleges and other educational institutions.
Students of the schools and colleges participate in many activities such as essay writing competition, debates, group discussion, quiz competitions, sports and so many activities. For the easiness of the students online arrangement of the competitions is also done such as online essay writing, online quiz competition, etc. It is declared that two days long (25th and 26th of December) celebration of the good governance day would take place during which all the students may participate in the activities. It is also confirmed that schools are not necessary to be opened on 25th of December as online competitions are organized.
Students may participate in the competitions or may not as all the online competitions are voluntary. It is not a forceful celebration that students must participate in the competitions. Participation depends on the students desire to participate or not. Students may participate in the competitions from their homes or other places where they can surf internet.
Objectives of Good Governance Day
The birth anniversary of the Atal Bihari Vajpayee is declared to celebrate as good governance day to fulfil many objectives of the country:
- To re-engineering of the government processes in order to provide an “open and accountable administration” in the country.
- Good governance day is celebrated to make people aware about the government commitment for providing a transparent and accountable administration in the country.
- It is celebrated to enhance the welfare and betterment of the common citizens in India.
- It is celebrated to standardize the government functioning as well as make it a highly effective and accountable governance for the Indian people.
- It is celebrated to implement the good and effective policies to complete a mission of good governance in India.
- It is celebrated to make government officials aware of their work, internal processes and work with full commitment.
- To enhance the growth and development in the country through good governance.
- To bring citizens closer to the government to make them active participants in the good governance process.