Knowledge is to know or understand something or someone. It is the information, truth or expertise acquired through learning or experience. It can be implicit or explicit. Knowledge is a very wide concept and has no end. Acquiring knowledge involves cognitive processes, communication, perception and logic.
It is also the human capacity to recognize and accept the truth. Knowledge is Wisdom; acquiring knowledge makes you wise and improves your social status. A knowledgeable person is commands respect in the society and holds a dignified position. Acquiring knowledge is a never ending process and requires only basic inquisitiveness and a desire to learn.
Long and Short Essay on Knowledge in English
We have provided below Long and Short Essay on Knowledge in English for you.
These Knowledge Essay will give you an insight into the real meaning of knowledge and its importance in life.
After going through these long and short essays on education you will know the role that knowledge plays in our day to day life and in our overall progress.
Short Essay on Knowledge – Essay 1 (200 words)
Knowledge is awareness and understanding of something such as information, facts, narration or skills gained through education and experience by observing, discovering or learning. It refers to both theoretical and practical comprehension of a subject. Knowledge comes into practice with our actions. Knowledge guides us to a certain goal in life. Humans progress with the growth of knowledge. Human beings are ruled by both mind and heart, and knowledge is a part of the mind. Without knowledge human beings would have been as good as animals. We as humans are powerful as we use the power of knowledge to empower other living beings and nature for our benefits.
Knowledge can be used for positive as well as negative purposes. So knowledge can create and destroy at the same time. Some use knowledge for personal progress as well as the progress of the community, city, state and nation. But some may use it for negative purposes that may not only harm individuals but can also harm the community, city, state and even the nation as a whole.
Knowledge is crucial in varied aspects of life. We, humans would not have developed and progressed so much in life without knowledge about various things we are surrounded with.
Essay on Knowledge is Power – Essay 2 (300 words)
“Knowledge is power” is a very meaningful and important proverb. It refers to the power and awareness that we acquire through knowledge that we gain from experience and education. A well educated and knowledgeable person can make wiser decisions based on his understanding of day to day situations to overcome a difficult problem. Knowledge is superior to muscle power. Power is the ability to work and act effectively.
Earlier man used to live a life of a nomad at the mercy of nature. He used to wander in search of food and shelter and to protect himself from wild animals and other dangers. Soon man started observing nature and events happening around him and started gaining knowledge. He discovered fire and its uses. He also started making tools for hunting purposes and developed his hunting skills.
With his power of knowledge man began to develop and discover natural phenomenon. He started using nature for his personal advantage. Knowledge made his life comfortable and he started living a more settled life by building huts for shelter. Today, man has developed by leaps and bounds. He makes use of his knowledge to dominate others. With knowledge man has achieved all the leisures and comforts in life.
Knowledge gave him the power over physically strength. Man has now educated and cultured himself. He has immensely progressed in the field of science and technology. He is the most powerful creature on Earth and dominates nature and other physically strong species with his mental strength and ability.
Man has succeeded in diverse aspects of life with the power of knowledge. In day to day life knowledge is important to deal with any kind of problem or situation. Thus, knowledge is power. It is more powerful than any other power. A knowledgeable person is respected by everyone around.
Essay on Knowledge and Wisdom – Essay 3 (400 words)
Knowledge is awareness and understanding of something. It refers to the information, facts, skills and wisdom acquired through learning and experiences in life. On the other hand, wisdom is the ability to think and act wisely by using knowledge gained through understanding, experience and learning.
Wisdom is the understanding about why things behave in a certain way. It is to have deeper insight into something than just knowing them on the surface level. Wisdom is to understand the consequences of certain actions for one-self and for others. Developing wisdom is very important. Developing wisdom is one of the reasons of gaining education and knowledge.
Wisdom vs. Knowledge
Wisdom refers to the coordination of “experience and knowledge” and how to effectively use both to improve wellbeing. We gain knowledge by learning and education and wisdom is the attribute of being wise. Knowledge gives us a clear understanding of facts and truth and wisdom helps us make correct decisions in life. If a person learns about any particular subject such as history or geography then he can eventually gain knowledge about that subject. He can read books or research online to develop knowledge on any topic of his interest.
Having knowledge alone is not enough but the ability to use your knowledge and experience effectively in day to day life is important. Wisdom is the ability to solve problems with the knowledge you have. Wisdom is to act in any given circumstance with knowledge about its various aspects. It is to practice self-control during the hardships and challenges of life and to patiently deal with it.
It is to understand the feelings and emotions of one-self and others. Wisdom helps you overcome negative feelings and have a positive perspective towards life. It leads you towards meaningful and purposeful life. On the other hand, knowledge has made man wise and the most powerful creature on Earth.
The progress man has made is through knowledge as well as wisdom. Even if we were wise but we didn’t have knowledge about diverse things in life we wouldn’t have developed so much and vice-versa.
We have learnt so much by gaining knowledge and education and we seek more and more knowledge every day. Wisdom is important to wisely put that knowledge into practice. The skill of wisdom is important for everything we do in life. Thus, knowledge and wisdom go hand in hand. Having knowledge alone is of no good and same goes for wisdom.
Essay on Knowledge Based Education – Essay 4 (500 words)
Knowledge based education puts emphasis on teaching and learning based on broadly shared knowledge as it builds strong foundation for future learning. It provides a stock full of useful facts and a set of flexible skills. Unless we know the content and context we cannot demonstrate our skills. In knowledge based education learners get information that they need to know and how to apply that information in real life. Acquiring knowledge is the first step towards the development of an individual.
Knowledge based education is based on both knowledge that students already have and the knowledge they are going to obtain. Knowledge is facts and information and a set of scientific principles. It is about knowing and learning to do something. It is about developing social skills. Knowledge based education gives you a deeper insight and better understanding of the subject. It builds confidence to discuss about various topics with people around you.
Importance of knowledge based Education:
- Knowledge increases Knowledge: We always learn something new by building on knowledge that we have. To learn something new we need to have basic knowledge first. For example, if you want to buy a dress of Sonam Kapoor and Rhea Kapoor’s brand “Rheson” you will search online where you can buy the dress. But if you never knew the name of the brand and that the brand even exists then you wouldn’t be searching for it. It is important to know to learn more. To move on from one step to another we need to know more. Like in school we start from LKG, UKG and then move on to 1st standard, 2nd standard and so on. It builds the strong base.
- Reading Comprehension: Reading helps to decode text and improves fluency to pronounce the speech sounds clearly. In knowledge based education, teachers focus on providing reading instructions to develop comprehension skills such as to understand the main idea, imagine, evaluate and conclude. But to understand and comprehend students need content rich knowledge on the subject.
- Communication: Shared knowledge allows you to communicate. Shared knowledge is important for communicating and understanding each other. In school when we discuss about a certain chapter with classmates, they have knowledge about it as it has already been discussed in the classroom by teacher. They are aware of the subject matter in detail so it becomes easy to communicate. Students can also identify what they have learnt and what they still don’t know that helps them to clear the doubts later.
- Boost Confidence: Knowledge based education boosts confidence in students as they possess essential knowledge and skills to use it. It builds their ability to think and process independently. Knowledge enables them to develop and grow to their full stature. It helps them socialize more confidently and effectively.
Conclusion: Knowledge based education is important as students can advance educationally and become better readers by obtaining knowledge of the world around them. It helps them develop and become socially active. It helps them progress in various aspects of life. Knowledge gives them a better understanding of the world around them.
Essay on Importance of Knowledge in Life – Essay 5 (600 words)
Knowledge is information and skills obtained through education and experience. It is the practical or theoretical insight into a subject. Man has a unique power, “The power of knowledge.” Knowledge gives him a vision in life and helps him develop and progress. It helps him succeed and achieve what he wants in life.
Each and every activity he does or decision he takes in life requires knowledge. Knowledge helps him to create and innovate. It helps him in every aspect of life whether its art, entertainment, studies, cooking, travelling, and managing finance or just about anything. It is also important to put knowledge to good use. As knowledge can create, it can also destroy. If knowledge is used for negative purposes in life it can be very harmful.
Importance of Knowledge
- Personal Development: Knowledge is important for personal growth and development. Knowledge can last for lifetime and it impacts our growth which influences everything in our life from relationships to work. By enriching brain with knowledge we improve its ability to think, evaluate and process. We can gain knowledge on everything that we find interesting like any dance form, art, architecture, history or just about anything for our personal development. With knowledge we become more confident about ourselves in life. It is easy for us to socialize confidently and have meaningful conversation with people. It makes us wise enough to independently take our decisions in life. But it is important to adopt positive mindset to become a constant learner only then it helps us progress and achieve our goals.
- Knowledge leads to success: In today’s fast paced life without education and the power of knowledge it is not possible to succeed in life. It is not just enough to have knowledge on a particular subject to succeed but it is also important to have knowledge about how to use it effectively to succeed. For example if one is a writer, it’s not just enough to write and get the work published but it’s also important to promote it on social media through various mediums. So, in today’s world it is important to have knowledge about various aspects of a subject.
- Day to day events: Knowledge is important and useful in day to day events. For example if I want to order a dress online, I need to have knowledge about how to order it and what are the payment options and what if the product is defective, within how many days I can return the product and so on. So, I need to have knowledge about all its aspects before I place the order. I also need to stay up-to date about the latest schemes and discounts available else I may end up paying more. So gaining knowledge is a constant process and is useful every single day.
- Knowledge is important to solve problems: We face many problems in life which can be solved with the power of knowledge. Knowledge enhances cognitive skills like reasoning and problem solving. A strong base of knowledge helps brains function more smoothly and effectively. We become smarter with the power of knowledge and solve problems more easily.
Knowledge is useful in every aspect of life. The more knowledge we have the more power we possess. It is important for our personal and professional development and leads us to achieve success in life. It is the personal attribute that leads us to live a good and humble life. Knowledge helps us in several ways but the best part is that it helps us understand ourselves as well as those around us better. It also helps us act wisely in different situations.