In the last few years, a rapid change in the climate has been observed. Weather has its own specialty, but now its manner is changing. This is happening all over the world. Scientists believe that the gases we are omitting in the atmosphere through industry and agriculture are making the layer of green house gases thick. This layer is absorbing more energy and raising the temperature of the earth. This is commonly called global warming that result in climate change. The most dangerous of these is the increase in the amount of carbon dioxide.
Carbon dioxide is produced when we burn fuel. The cutting of forests has also increased this problem further. The carbon dioxide which the plants used to absorb is now dissolving in the atmosphere. Emissions of other greenhouse gases methane and nitrous oxide have also increased due to human activities. The biggest impact of climate change can be on poor countries. Human beings and animals will also have an impact on their lives. The risk of extinction of trees and animals living in particular weather will increase.
Long and Short Essay on Effects and Impacts of Climate Change in English
Climate change is two words that you will be hearing often these days.
After all, why is this subject being discussed so much? Isn’t this something that meteorologists should worry about? How is this matter of concern for us? Let us find out about this together through these Essay on Effects and Impacts of Climate Change, which are given for your consideration.
Following Essay on Effects and Impacts of Climate Change will provide you the knowledge of the natural and man-made reasons that are responsible for it.
These Effects and Impacts of Climate Change essay will become helpful for the students for their academic purposes and is useful in debates and discussions.
Effects and Impacts of Climate Change Essay – 1 (200 Words)
Climate change refers to any change in climate over a long period of time, whether it is due to natural deviations or as a result of human activities. Climate change is an important and permanent change in the statistical distribution of weather patterns over a period of several decades to millions of years.
The concentration of greenhouse gases, especially carbon dioxide, has increased over the past several decades due to increased use of coal in electricity production and use of fossil fuel in many other works. Since the time of the Industrial Revolution in the 18th century, its quantity in the atmosphere is continuously increasing resulting in the problem of climate change.
There is a clear effect of the global warming on the atmosphere. Glaciers have shrunk. Areas of plants and animals have been displaced and uneven flowering in trees is being observed. The ensuing climate scenario explores that the global temperature is expected to increase by 20 C to 50 Celsius and the rainfall will be reduced by about 15 %.
Therefore, it is clear from the above facts that the developed and developing countries of the world have to work together to solve this problem. It is not a problem of any one country or one person. This is the problem of the whole world and the whole world will have to solve it together.
Effects and Impacts of Climate Change Essay – 2 (300 Words)
Global warming has resulted in serious problems of climate change due to combustion of fossil fuels and excessive exploitation of natural resources. Climate change is affecting the Arctic region, Africa and small islands more. The North Pole is warming at twice the rate than the rest of the world. Antarctica’s temperature has doubled in the last 100 years.
The impact of climate change is being seen and felt in all regions of the world. India is also facing many problems due to the rising temperature of the earth. It is estimated that by the end of this century, the average temperature in India will increase by 40C.
Climate change will affect the flora and fauna on the earth. As a result of climate change, the monsoon regions of the world will get increased rainfall, which resulted in problems like floods, landslides and land erosion. Water quality is getting declined. There will be serious effects on the supply of fresh water. Climate change will have an impact on agricultural yields.
Thus, it can be said that climate change is a serious global problem which will result in large scale upheavals all over the world. The islands will cease to exist in the world due to climate change.
Today, increasing human activities and fulfillment of needs, indiscriminate use of natural resources is the root of these problems. Climate change will also have an adverse effect on human health. It is necessary to use them in appropriate and balanced quantities. Otherwise the untoward happening in future will not be avoided.
As we know, the climate stability of a place provides stability by encouraging agriculture, income, employment, water-life, society and culture there. Therefore, as a responsible citizen, we all have to play an important role in maintaining the environmental ecosystem clean and sustainable and at the same time bring environmental awareness to the people.
Effects and Impacts of Climate Change Essay – 3 (400 Words)
Climate change will have serious consequences in a tropical country like India. Inflation will increase due to the decline in agricultural production as a result of climate change, resulting in an unprecedented increase in criminal incidents due to increase in poverty, hunger and unemployment. Failure of crops will force farmers to commit suicide. The outbreak of infectious diseases will lead to unprecedented increase in the death rate due to these diseases. Climate change will also have an indirect effect on the country’s internal security and strategic sector.
Impact of Climate Change on Ecology and Environment Sector:
- Due to climate change, the water level in the Bay of Bengal will increase.
- The Andaman and Nicobar Islands will be submerged in water as a result there will be a large scale loss of biodiversity.
- Coral reef will be destroyed by being a victim of coral bleaching due to the heating of ocean water.
- The flora of the Himalayas will be particularly affected by climatic changes
- Due to climate change, the population of insects, weeds and microbes will increase.
- There will be a serious risk of contamination of surface and ground water.
- Due to climate warming, there will be an increase in the incidence of forest fires.
Impact of Climate Change on Health Sector:
- Due to climate change, the rate of respiratory and cardiovascular diseases will increase in the country.
- Infectious diseases such as diarrhea, dysentery, cholera, tuberculosis, gastroenteritis, jaundice etc., will increase.
Impact of Climate Change on Agriculture Sector:
- The production of staple crops in the rain-fed areas of the country will decrease by about 125-130 million tonnes.
- Climate change will have a direct impact on the distribution of rainfall.
Impact of Climate Change on Resource Area:
Climate change will have an adverse effect on the country’s resources. Important biological resources like forests will be destroyed due to global warming. The dependence on chemical fertilizers will increase the rate of soil erosion resulting in the depletion of important resources like soil. Due to the melting of glaciers as a result of climate change, the rivers originating from the Himalayas will cease to exist, resulting in unprecedented reduction in water resources.
Climate change will have direct and indirect effects on the agriculture, environment, and health of the country. As a result of climate change, agricultural production of the country will decrease. Inflation will increase due to decrease in food production, resulting in increase in poverty and unemployment which will lead to increase in crime in the country.
Effects and Impacts of Climate Change Essay – 4 (500 Words)
Rapid climate change has become a major cause of concern worldwide. Greenhouse gases exist in the environment to spread the heat of the sun throughout the world for the existence of life. Due to the effect of greenhouse gases, the Earth’s atmosphere absorbs a large part of the energy from the sun. However, human activities are increasing the amount of these gases, especially the carbon dioxide in the environment, damaging the protective greenhouse layer, leading to global warming or climate change.
The average global temperature has increased by 0.80 C since the beginning of the Industrial Era. Scientists have expressed concern over the rapidly changing environment of the Earth. Therefore, they are constantly ringing the alarm bell on this issue.
Impacts and Effects of Climate Change
- Change in climate pattern: Climate is being influenced by humans by releasing chemicals and toxic gases into the air through activities such as industrial and vehicle emissions. The use of coal, petrol and natural gas are the major causes of greenhouse gas emissions. It is clear that the climate is changing rapidly in the world. The rain cycle has been adversely affected.
- Loss of green cover: Climate has been changed completely due to the unforeseen cutting or burning of forests by humans in order to dispose of the rapidly growing population along with the increase in cultivated land. These activities have resulted in loss of biodiversity and are ringing danger alarm for human too.
- Sea water level rise: Sea water levels have increased as a result of climate change. The oceans are warming as the glaciers melt. The water level of the oceans is rising at alarming proportions which can cause widespread destruction of coastal areas.
- Depletion of natural resources: Natural wealth has been damaged due to climate change. It is adversely affecting glaciers, coral reefs, vegetation, arctic and alpine ecosystems, boreal forests, tropical forests, prairie lakes and grasslands.
- Farming in crisis: Climate change has a negative impact on agricultural production, in more countries where agricultural production is dependent on rainfall.
- Threat to biodiversity: An increase in temperature affects the milk production and fertility of animals. Many species could go extinct and cause doom if climate change phenomena were not controlled.
- Disasters and Calamities: Climate change will affect the whole ecosystem. This is often reflected in the form of wildfires, droughts, tropical storms and volcanic activities.
- Impact on developing countries: Developing countries in Asia, Africa and the Pacific Ocean are particularly at risk of spreading diseases. This may reduce their agricultural production. In fact, developing countries will suffer a lot of damage at all levels of climate change.
Overall, climate change or global warming has emerged as a major threat to human society. Till date, man has not been forced to face such a big environmental crisis. If people do not take care of it and put forward immediate steps to stop ‘global warming’; we will not be able to save life on Earth.
Long Essay on Effects and Impacts of Climate Change – 5 (600 Words)
Global warming has resulted in serious problems of climate change due to combustion of fossil fuels and excessive exploitation of natural resources. If climate change is not stopped in time, millions of people will become the victim of disasters like starvation, water crisis and floods. This crisis will affect the whole world.
Climate change is affecting the Arctic region, Africa and small islands more. The North Pole (Arctic region) is warming at twice the rate than the rest of the world. According to scientists, the North Pole ice will melt during the summer in the next few years. The impact of climate change will be seen in all regions of the world. India will also face many problems due to the rising temperature of the earth. It is estimated that by the end of this century, the average temperature in India will increase by 4°C.
Effects of Climate Change
- Rise in temperature: In recent decades, due to the green house effect, the average temperature of the Earth has increased in many areas. According to the prediction of scientists, by the year 2020, the temperature of the whole world will be the highest compared to the last 1000 years.
- Effect on rainfall: As a result of climate change, in the monsoon regions of the world, there will be increase in rainfall, which will cause problems like floods, landslides and land erosion. Water quality will decline. There will be serious effects on the supply of fresh water.
- Effect on sea level: Climate change will have an impact on the biodiversity rich coral reefs and the species found in the sea, which is called the tropical rainforest of the oceans. Thermal seawater will result in adverse effects on the algae (microbial flora) that provide food and pigment to the coral reefs. Warm oceans will be the factors of the bleaching process that will destroy these high productivity ecosystems.
- Impact on agriculture: Climate change will have an impact on agricultural yields. Changes in air patterns will result in uneven distribution of rainfall. As a result of climate change, grain production will decline due to increase in frequency of natural calamities like flood, drought and storm.
- Effect on biodiversity: Climate change will also have an impact on biodiversity. The risk of ecological imbalance will increase as a result of biodiversity degradation. Incidents of heat in the climate will increase the incidence of fire in tropical forests resulting in the loss of biodiversity due to the destruction of forests.
- Effects on human health: Climate change will also have an impact on human health. According to the report of the World Health Organization, due to the heat in the climate, breathing and cardiovascular diseases will increase.
- Effect on glaciers: Climate change will also have an impact on glaciers. Due to the heat, the glaciers will melt and end. According to a research, in the Himalayan region of India, glaciers decreased by 16 percent between 1962 and 2000.
- Natural disasters: The frequency of maritime storms will increase due to global climate change resulting in loss of life and property in coastal areas. Earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, tsunamis, floods, droughts, forest fire, etc. will affect the flora and fauna on the earth.
Today, increasing human activities and fulfillment of needs, indiscriminate use of natural resources is the root of these problems. It is necessary to use them in appropriate and balanced quantities. Otherwise the untoward happening in future will not be avoided. As we know, the climate stability of a place provides stability by encouraging agriculture, income, employment, water-life, society and culture there. Therefore, as a responsible citizen, we all have to play an important role in maintaining the environmental ecosystem clean and sustainable and at the same time bring environmental awareness to the people.