There is something really exhilarating about the idea of summer vacations. It is the long vacation and the relief from school and studies. It is the best time to relax, enjoy play games and practice some fun and creative activities.
Summer vacation brings along with it ample of opportunities to enjoy, relax and have fun. We do not have a boring routine during this time period and can plan and enjoy the way we want. The days are full of energy for adventures and activities. Here are essays of varying lengths on My Plans for Summer Vacation to help you with the topic in your exam.
Long and Short Essay on My Plans for Summer Vacation in English
Essay on How I Plan to Spend My Summer Vacation – 1 (200 words)
Summer vacation is the most interesting period of the year since there is no school, no need to wake up early and no studies. After working hard for the whole year we eagerly await summer vacations. It is a sigh of relief when we are done with our final exams. This summer I plan to engage myself in activities that will relax my mind and body. I am really planning to wake up late every morning first of all.
I am going to engage myself in Yoga as I am a fitness freak and Yoga strengthens your mind and body and sets you up for wellness. I love the whole concept of Yoga. It’s more than just physical exercise, it has spiritual and meditative core. Another activity that I am planning to engage in is ballet dance. I would love to practice classical ballet this summer.
It requires a special training and summer vacation is the best period for engaging in something I love. This year I won’t be going for any trip. I and my siblings are only planning to get more creative and fit for a more productive and fun year ahead. We are all quite excited about the summer vacations and have chosen our activities as per our choice.
Essay on My Plan for Summer Holidays – 2 (300 words)
Summer holidays are always special and super fun. Summer vacations mean no school, no studies and a break from the boring routine. I really love village life and miss my grandparents so I always make sure to visit my grandparents in village during my summer holidays.
I am super excited as I will visit my grandparents in the village Dharagiri, 5 km away from Navsari, with my family this summer vacation. I feel very eager and happy to visit my native place since I get a chance to meet my grandparents, other relatives and cousins. My grandparent’s house in the village is surrounded with the trees of mango, coconut, chikoo, guava, pomegranate and several other fruits and vegetables. I love plucking fresh fruits and enjoy eating them. I am especially fond of mangoes. My maternal aunt cooks delicious traditional recipes for us. The taste and aroma of the food is amazing and we enjoy it with delight.
The greenery, scenic beauty and the fresh air of village gives such a soothing effect. During my stay at village, I love exploring different places with my siblings. We play several games, swing on the roots of the banyan trees and walk by the riverside to get wet and play in the water. We also go for field trip with my maternal uncle and ride horses. The life in village is full of fun and activities. It never gets boring and I realize that I never watch TV or play games on the cell phones when in village. The days I spend in the village are always the most memorable days of my life.
Even this year, I plan to visit my grandparents in village and meet my relatives there. It is a great pleasure to enjoy the scenic beauty of the village and breathe some fresh air. It is relaxing and rejuvenating to be away from the city pollution.
Essay on My Plans for Summer Vacation – 3 (400 words)
My plans for summer vacations include a long list of fun activities. Summer vacations mean no school, no waking up early from bed, no homework and no boring routine. All I plan is fun and adventure.
Here are some plans that I have for this summer vacation. I will not miss these at any cost:
- I love driving with my mom to the Holiday Club we are members of and have a pool party there with my friends that come along. I and my friends enjoy swimming and playing pool games. My mom orders cup cakes and milk shake for us. We have been doing this since the last few years and this is our fixed plan for Saturdays and Sundays during this summer vacation.
- My dad has just got a new DSLR camera last month so I am planning to try my hands on it. It is going to be super fun to learn photography from my dad during the summer vacation. I love taking pictures of the local people and beautiful landscapes I explore.
- We are also planning a short family trip to Goa to chill at the beach side this summer vacation. I am a huge fan of Goa and love exploring the local markets for shopping. I love going to the beach early in the morning to get wet and later taking sunbath since mom says sunlight is the best source of vitamin D.
- I love reading and writing. So, I have some of my favorite books to be read during the summer vacations. I mostly enjoy reading love stories. I also love writing short stories and poems so I plan to write a few this vacation in my free time.
- I will also enroll myself at music classes this summer vacation as I wish to learn to play piano. I love listening and playing music in my free time and am planning to practice more in this summer vacation.
- I also plan to learn cooking some delicious recipes from my mom during vacations. This time I am planning to learn some cup cake recipes. I love experimenting in the kitchen and cooking some easy recipes.
So, I am all set and super excited for my summer vacations and have so many plans. I will stick to all these plans to make the most of my summer vacations. It is surely going to be fun, interesting and full of energy.
Essay on How to Plan for Summer Vacation – 4 (500 words)
We are already getting the summer vacation itch and dreaming of the beach days and adventure trips. It’s important that the summer vacations pass by in a fun and productive manner. With a bit of planning we can ensure a creative and memorable vacation. There are many activities we can engage in during summer vacations.
Tips to Plan Summer Vacations
Here are some simple yet useful tips to plan summer vacations:
- Plan your summer vacations wisely by using it for various activities, camps and trips.
- Make sure you don’t waste your time and don’t delay your plans.
- Make a list of your plans and schedule them properly.
- Mark in the calendar for the days you want to go for a trip or camp.
- Plan a schedule for activities such as swimming and hiking.
- Join hobby classes immediately to learn something new by the end of your vacations.
- Think about the activities you want to engage in and try to indulge in them during summer vacations.
Summer Vacation Ideas
Here are some ideas to plan summer vacations:
- Planning a Trip: Plan a short trip to your favorite location to relax and rejuvenate yourself after the yearlong labor. Choose any new or your favorite location to travel and have fun with family.
- Summer Camp: Summer vacation is the best time to stay active and enjoy with friends. Do a bit of research in the local news papers and magazines to find out about various summer camps and choose the one that best suits your interests.
- Go Swimming: It feels great to go swimming in the cool pool water for relaxing and rejuvenating during hot summer days. I enjoy going for swimming with friends and playing pool games.
- Hobby Classes: Try learning something new and fun. Join hobby classes like singing, dancing, painting, photography or whatever activity interests you. This will be the most fun way to spend your vacation doing what you actually love.
- Enjoy Nature: During school days we don’t get enough time to enjoy the scenic beauty of nature. Summer vacation is the best time to take a long walk in nature and smell some roses or plan a camp in the local park with siblings and friends.
- Classic Film and Shows: If you are spending the vacations at home the best way is to rediscover classic films and TV shows. Organize a pajama party and enjoy your favourite movies and shows.
- Explore the Options in the City: Get out and get going, explore your city clubs, art and science museums and parks etc. If you love shopping visit malls and your favorite shopping stores with your friends and check out for the new collections.
- Go Biking: It is super fun to go biking in nature to enjoy the weather. It is also the best exercise for your body. You can also visit your friends riding a bike.
Pump up yourself for fun and adventure during summer vacations. Make it more active and interesting so that you don’t regret when your friends share their super cool vacation activities with you. Have a great summer!
Essay on Planning for a Summer Vacation – 5 (600 words)
Summer vacations are great to go for trips or learn something new and exciting instead of mindlessly sitting in front of the idiot box and doing nothing at all. It’s very important to plan ahead for a more fun and creative vacation.
Mark out the days in the calendar that you plan to go for a trip. If you have some plans lined up within the town or some relatives visiting during the vacation then make a note of those days in the calendar. This will give you a clear idea of the busy days so you can plan your vacation accordingly.
Planning for Summer Vacation
Plan a Trip: The best part about summer vacations is that you can plan a long or short trip to relax. Plan a trip to your favorite location. Do a bit of online research to choose from the various beautiful locations. Plan a budget for transport, hotels, food and drink costs, shopping, rides and whatever else you are going to need for your trip. Here are some tips to plan your trip efficiently. Choose the trip and location that best suits your interest and budget.
- Book your tickets in advance as nothing is more frustrating than a delayed trip. The best part is that you get great discounts while booking tickets online in advance. It is easy to search and book flight tickets online. You can compare the flight fares on several sites available online.
- Not only flights but you can also book hotels online in advance. You can choose from a range of hotels and services as per your choice and comfort. Also, you can compare prices and get great discounts when you book hotels online in advance. Do your research and always check the services and the pictures of the hotel rooms and ambiance before booking.
- You should pack your bags at least one day earlier than you travel. Pack the clothing, shoes and accessories that are appropriate for the location and climate. Don’t forget to carry your cameras, selfie sticks, hats, sunglasses, binoculars, iPods etc. for a fun vacation. Also, make sure you pack the medications that you might need on trip. And you are all set to go for a fun vacation.
Summer Camp: Summer camp is a great way to play and enjoy with friends and at the same time stay active. It feels great to spend time outdoors in the summers and make new friends.
- You can choose the camp as per your choice from the several available camps such as sport focused camps, day camps, artistic camps, sleep away camps, etc.
- Search in the local magazines or newspapers for the upcoming summer camps. Sign up early for the camps so that you don’t miss the spot.
Go Hiking: Summer is the best time to engage in outdoor and adventurous activities as the days are longer. You can go hiking at the local trail and stay active. It is a great way to stay fit and have fun.
- Dress appropriately for such activities in comfortable and sporty clothes, caps and sports shoes.
- Pack your bags with healthy food and water bottles.
- Find local trails by visiting local nature centers, contacting local parks or doing a bit of online search.
Make a Reading List: If you have some of your favorite books pending to be read since quite a long time then summer vacation is the best time you can start reading.
- You can order some new books online or download e-books on your PC to read them.
- Try visiting local libraries to explore the range of books.
So, there are many ways we can enjoy the summer vacations instead of wasting it by sitting at home and doing nothing at all we can make it more interesting and productive.