Cinema is an extremely popular source of entertainment worldwide. Numerous movies are produced each year and people watch these in large numbers. Cinema impacts our life both positively and negatively. Just like everything else in this world, cinema also has a positive as well as the negative impact on our life. While some movies can change our thinking for good others can invoke a feeling or pain or fear.
Long and Short Essay on Impact of Cinema in Our Life
Essay 1 (250 words)
Exploring the world of cinema has been a craze for the young generation ever since the initiation of the movies. They follow it like a passion and thus the young generation mostly the teenagers are the ones largely impacted by cinema. This is mainly because it is an age wherein they are about to step into the real world with dozens of notions and at times unreasonable optimism, and the films play a prime role in catering to them.
Positive Impact of Cinema on Students
- All kinds of movies are made to cater to the interest of different types of audiences. There are movies that include educative content. Watching such movies widens the knowledge of the students and has a positive impact on them.
- Students need to juggle between their studies, extra-curricular activities, and competitions. Amid such mad rush and rising competition, they need something for relaxation and movies are a good way to relax.
- Students can also bond well with their family and extended family as they plan to go out with them to watch cinema.
Negative Impact of Cinema on Students
- While cinema may be educative, watching too much of it can prove to be a waste of time for the students. Many students get addicted to movies and spend their precious time in watching movies rather than studying.
- Certain movies contain inappropriate content such as violence and other A-rated scenes that have a negative impact on the students.
- Watching too much cinema and other video content can weaken the students’ eyesight and also hamper their power to concentrate.
Whatever a movie maybe about, one should not forget that a movie is a portrayal of the writer’s imagination unless it’s a biopic. One should not madly follow them. Students must realize that it isn’t necessary for their lives and situations to have a resemblance to the movie. They should understand and know the difference between reel life and real-life and try to inculcate only the positive aspects of cinema.
Essay 2 (400 words)
Cinema has been a major source of entertainment for the people of every age group around the world. Different genres of movies are produced and these influence the public in different ways. Since movies are explored by all, they influence society immensely. This impact can be both negative and positive.
Positive Impact of Cinema on the Society
Here is a look at the positive impact of cinema on society:
- Cinema has a major influence on society. So it can be used as a major tool for creating public awareness. Bollywood films like Toilet: Ek Prem Katha, Taare Zameen Par, and Swades have helped in bringing about positive changes in the society.
- Certain good movies and biopics can genuinely influence the viewer’s mind positively and can motivate him or her to work hard in life.
- Movies and songs can give rise to the feeling of patriotism in the viewers.
- A movie is always a good sort of entertainment. It lets you forget all your problems and can take you to an all-new world of imagination, which can be beneficiary at times.
- Films at times can also widen your scope of knowledge according to their genre. A historic film can improve your knowledge in history; a sci-fi movie can touch you with some knowledge of science and so on.
- Good comedy movies have the power to make you laugh and can thus enhance your mood.
- Adventure movies can arise in you a spirit of adventure and motivation.
Negative Impact of Cinema on the Society
Here is a look at the negative impact of cinema on society:
- Most of the movies nowadays show violence which can affect the public in a negative way. It can indirectly contribute to violent thoughts in one’s mind especially in the youth.
- Certain content shown in the movies is not appropriate for some people. It can actually mess up with their minds.
- People at times fail to differentiate between the movie and reality. They get so engrossed in it that they somehow start to believe that the reality is the same as portrayed in the movie which can have undesirable side effects.
It is a world in which everyone has their own different perspective which may not be right from the view of the others. Certain movies can thus hurt the feelings of certain audiences. Some movies have hurt the religious sentiments of people and even resulted in riots.
Thus, we can conclude that movies can have a great impact on the viewer’s mind. It becomes the moral duty of the team to prepare the content that is appropriate and has a positive impact on society.
Essay 3 (500 words)
It is a well-known fact that one can learn and remember things easily if it has got both audio and visual aids instead of just audio. Keeping this thing in mind, many study sessions are taken where students are taught with the help of videos. Cinema has been popular since its inception. People came to realize that students can remember more through videos than just from verbal sessions as they observed kids remembering dialogue of the movie they watched a week ago but nothing from the lecture they attended in the morning.
Young Minds are influenced by what they see
Humans have this tendency of adopting the way of talking, walking and behaving of the person they are with for a long time. A person always leaves a mark in another person’s head according to his behavior.
This notion is more popular among the people belonging to the teenage and also among the kids of age less than 13 years as they have massive grasping power. They want to mimic and copy everything they see in the cinemas, hairstyles, fashion, actions, body language, way of talking, everything. They think that by doing all this they can become popular and cool which seems to be important for today’s youth.
Cinema has a Major Impact on the Youth
Cinema is basically considered as the best among all means of entertainment. Young people watch cinema to get relax and entertained though along with this they learn a number of new things. The normal human tendency is to apply these things in their lives too. That is why it is very important that they grab only the positive points from the cinemas.
As youth is the future of any nation so it is essential that they build a positive mindset. It is thus essential for them to watch the good quality of cinema that helps them grow mentally and makes them more knowledgeable and mature. Not only the actions and body language but their level of command on the language is also influenced by the cinema.
Moreover, many movies don’t just entertain, but also provide lots of information regarding different aspects of life. It also helps the young to develop an open-minded mentality which can be very helpful for their progress in life.
Negative Impact of Cinema on Youth
Cinema has both negative and positive impact on the youth. In the form of action, showing various ways of killing people is a common sight in the movies these days. These things affect the people watching it at a psychological level. They create a mentality among the youth that to show the power you need to fight with few, kill few or dominate few. This is a very wrong notion.
Not just this, even the adult scenes, including sex, are misguiding for the youth who have not even been provided sex education to understand what is wrong and what is right. Showing excess of nudity and lust can make them do things that they are not supposed to at their age. Moreover, too much time and money are also wasted on viewing cinema.
Hence, cinema impacts the youth in various ways. However, it depends on their maturity and understanding of what they adopt the most.
Essay 4 (600 words)
Cinema is a source of entertainment for millions of people around the globe. It serves as a tool against boredom and an escape from the monotonous life. A good movie offers a relaxing and entertaining experience. It takes you to a new world of imagination, away from all the troubles. It has the power to refresh and rejuvenate your mind. However, it also has a certain set of disadvantages attached to it. Here is a look at the advantages as well as disadvantages of cinema:
Advantages of Cinema
Here is a look at the advantages offered by the cinema:
- Social Advantages
Among teens, the trend of watching movies is followed as a passion. Looking at the type of movies a person prefers to watch one can judge his preference and personality. Movies help in socializing as they offer a common ground of discussion. You can always discuss the content you have watched while sitting in a group or at parties. It offers a good conversation starter. It is an interesting topic unlike politics and sports that many people find boring.
- Inspires Imagination
Movies at times show the weirdest imagination of the writer. It shows the world that is unseen and unexplored with advanced graphic technology which can help us enhance our imagination too.
- Reflection of Art and Culture of Different Parts of the World
Different movies have varied plots that are set around varied cultures and people belonging to different places across the globe. This helps one broaden his or her knowledge about people living in different parts of the world and their way of living.
- Improvises Thinking Capacity
Success stories and biographies can inspire people to not give up in life. There are certain scenes in the movies wherein cases of emergencies such as fire, bomb blast, robbery, etc are shown. We may not know what to do in such moments in real life if we ever come across them. Movies can help improvise our thinking capacity and help us understand how to act in such situations.
Disadvantages of Cinema
- Creates False Notion
Movies contribute greatly towards forming false notions in people especially kids. Situations and societies in every part of the world are different. People are different on screen and in reality. However, many individuals fail to realize the gap between the movie world and reality which causes problems.
- Waste of Money and Time
The movie is a mere representation of the writer’s thoughts and imagination and they are not always worth our time and money. What’s the point in investing in something if it isn’t worth our time and we feel disappointed at the end of it?
- Violent and Adult Content
To make a movie fetch more profit unnecessary scenes of violence, action, nudity, and vulgarity are added to it, making it inappropriate for the kids and young adults. It can have a negative impact on their minds.
Movies have at times proved to be over addictive for certain people. Not every movie is worth watching. There are so many other productive and interesting things to do in life other than unnecessarily wasting hours on useless movies. The involvement in movies up to a certain extent is alright but the undue craze for cinema and wasting money on overhyped movies is not preferable.
There are always two aspects of a thing – a positive one and a negative one. One must-watch movie and let them impact oneself to a limit to avoid all the negative aspects of it. As it is rightly said, everything done in limit is beneficiary. Similarly, investing time into movies that are worth watching is fine but getting addicted to them should be avoided, as it would not only waste our time but we’ll also miss out other things that are actually worth our time.