Population growth today has become a serious matter of concern for the world. The world population has been consistently increasing at an alarming rate and is estimated to be around 7.7 billion in 2019. Uncontrolled population growth leads to rapid urbanization and depletion of resources. Natural resources that are pretty scarce in some parts of the world become scarcer due to increased consumption. Apart from depleting resources, a population increase means more buildings and factories come up and more trees fell and forests destroyed. It also puts a strain on the availability of basic amenities like health, education, and welfare.
Long and Short Essay on Population Growth
Essay on Population Growth and Its Effects (250 Words)
The population of the World is increasing day by day and it is becoming a huge concern for the world. As per the latest data, the population is already crossed 7.6 billion in the world. An increase in population affects the economic, environmental and social development of the world.
Different Country with Different Population
Population growth is not uniform in all the countries of the World. Some Countries have high growth while some are having moderate or a very low increase in their population. It creates lot of challenges as countries with high growth are suffering with poverty, more expenses, unemployment, lack of fresh water, food, education, depletion of resources, etc as a consequence of population explosion, while countries with low population growth have lack of manpower, and increased old to young ratio, hampering the Country’s growth.
Effects of Population Growth
Let’s see how population affects a country in various ways:
- Population increase results in more consumption of natural resources.
- Increased demand for everything while the production of the necessary items doesn’t keep up as population growth.
- Increase in unemployment, sometimes resulting in the youth’s misguidance towards other illegitimate methods of earning.
- The government has to spend more on basic necessities such as education, healthcare, infrastructure, irrigation, water, etc while the revenue is not increasing as per population growth, so demand and supply difference are consistently increasing, resulting in an increase in prices of items.
- Unemployment reduces the capacity of expenditure and families spent its saving on basic needs and can’t afford a good education for their children. This results in low qualifications and a low chance of employment for children when they reach their working age. It affects the growth in the economy and industrial expansion.
The population growth rate is needed to be controlled to save the World especially in those countries with a faster growth rate. It will balance the system as manpower is required for the growth of the country.
Essay on Population Growth is Good for a Country (400 Words)
Though overpopulation is a worldwide problem but still in some countries the population is below the required rate which is also a serious issue as in those countries fewer people mean less manpower to support and work for the development of that country. Over Population is definitely harmful to any country in many ways but it has some positive side too. Increased population leads to an increase in manpower for a country where more people are easily found helping in the development of different sectors.
How Population Growth is Good for a Country?
Controlled population growth is also required for the growth of the economy of any country. Let’s see how:
If the population of a country is constant or is not increasing, it will create more old age people than young people. That country will not have enough manpower to do the job. Japan is the best example as its government is motivating to increase the birth rate in an attempt to minimize the age gap. The second best example can be taken of China as 25 years ago here the government implemented the rule of one child in a family. After a few years when the growth rate of China started reducing and was having less young manpower, then recently they lifted this ban and allowed parents to have two children instead of one.
Population increase will create more manpower and more consumption of items required for basic/luxurious. More consumption means more industry growth to cater to that consumption. More industry requires more manpower. Money circulation will improve and the cost of living in the country will improve. People in the country will earn money and will educate their kids so that they can do work for the growth of the country. Basically it all depends on the controlled growth of the population. If population growth is higher than required, it will create the problem of unemployment, poverty, etc.
Over Population is always has a negative impact on a country’s growth but controlled pollution growth is also required for a country to achieve success in many ways. Whether resources may be limited for overpopulated countries but extra manpower is definitely required for generating extra resources and making new inventions.
Essay on Population Growth in India (500 Words)
The population is the count of the number of persons living in a particular region. It has reached an alarming rate in some countries. Overpopulation can be due to many causes like illiteracy, improper knowledge of family planning, migration from different places.
India is the Second Highest Populated Country in World
According to the survey this whole World is inhabited by around 7.6 billion humans among which a major part 17% of the total population of the world is residing in India i.e. more than 125 crore people. Adding to this around 21% of Indians are below the poverty level as a result of uncontrolled population growth. This may lead to disastrous effects in the future and thus it is required to control it in order to live a safe and healthy life.
According to the Census of 2011, India’s population has crossed 121 crores and it is in the second position after China in the world. Presently this figure may have crossed 130 crores and in the near future, it will surpass that of China China. India is facing a big challenge as population growth. It is adversely affecting India’s economic condition and also responsible for poverty and low living standard of people.
The government has to spend more to provide the basic things at the subsidized rate to cater to the massive population of below poverty line (BPL) consumers. As Government is providing subsidy on basic items, it is left with a minimal amount to be used in, developmental projects aiding to the growth in the economy. The government has fewer amounts to spend on social services such as education, hospital, housing, infrastructure, etc which are essentially required for a progressive country. Therefore, the planned growth of our economy needs some effective checks on population explosion.
Illiteracy is the Major Cause of over-Population
Illiteracy is the main cause in India for population growth. People living below the poverty line (BPL) are not aware of the consequence of this population growth owing to their illiteracy. People think that more children mean they will earn more money for the family without realizing its impact. Sometimes parents desire boys as they think that he will popular his name and family name. Sometimes they give birth to 3-4 girl children in the desire of a single boy.
How Overpopulation Causes Unemployment
Overpopulation is the main cause of unemployment in India. We can see that for any examination or vacancy, millions of applications are received. It increases the competition and sometimes people use the bribe to get the job. It also increases the corruption in the system which is India’s growing concern.
Role of Government for Controlling Population in India
The government has taken various initiatives to educate people about the benefits of family planning. Some major steps are noted here:
- The government has amended the law and fixed the minimum age for marriage of boy and girl.
- The government is creating awareness among people about the importance of family planning, equality of boys and girls, by various advertisements on TV, posters in the village, etc.
- The government is promoting the education of the child by taking minimum fees, providing free mid-day meals, free uniforms, books, etc.
To make a country developed and powerful every citizen of that country need to take a step on his own end apart from blaming others. Overpopulation may be the biggest cause of the destruction of a nation. We must find out effective solutions to the problem in order to achieve success as a Nation.
Essay on Causes, Effects, Solutions of Population Growth (600 Words)
In the present situation, the problem of overpopulation comes under the category of global crisis which is growing day by day and with each passing second. This essay is specially written for understanding the issues its causes, its effects and most importantly the solution.
Over Population: Causes, Effects, and Solutions
Overpopulation means an increase in the number of people in an area than the number, the resources of that particular area can sustain. Many causes are behind this problem some are:
Causes of Population Growth
- Growth rate of the population is higher in developing countries. The reason for this increase is mainly due to lack of knowledge of family planning. Mostly people who are contributing to population growth are illiterate and living below of poverty line. They are also getting their child marrying at an early age without understanding its implication.
- Most people come from the rural areas to urban areas/city for the job opportunities or employment and improvement in lifestyle. It creates imbalance in city and shortage of resources.
- Improvement in medical technology/treatment reduces the mortality rate for many serious diseases. A lot of chronic diseases or deadly viruses such as measles, smallpox are being treated with the improvement in medical services.
- With the improvement in medical science, it has become possible for a couple who are unable to conceive, undergo fertility treatment methods and have their own babies. Moreover, due to awareness, people go to the hospital for routine checkups and delivery, which are safer for the mother and baby.
Effects of Population Growth
- As population increases, consumption of basic need such as food and water will also increase. However, Earth can produce a limited amount of water and food, which is lesser in comparison to consumption, leading to an increase in prices.
- Forests are depleting to cater the growth of urbanization that is affecting animals in the forest, causing pollution and imbalance in ecology. Natural resources are depleting very fast due to overuse of coal, oil and natural gas etc. It is creating serious effects on our environment.
- With the increase in population, number of vehicles and industries has increased significantly; badly affecting the quality of air. The rise in the amount of release of greenhouse gases causing global warming, which causes the melting of ice from iceberg and glaciers. Changing climate patterns, rise in sea level are a few of the consequences that we might have to face due to environmental pollution.
- Overpopulation has increased the acts of violence and aggression as people are competing with each other for getting resources and achieving a good lifestyle.
Solutions to Protect Population Growth
- Developed countries are not facing the problem of overpopulation as people in develop countries are educated and they are aware of consequences of having more kids. While in developing countries, people are not well educated and have no proper idea about family planning. If the education improves then they will understand disadvantage of having more than one or two children.
- In the slum, areas government has continuously provided some awareness programs to make understand families about the hard life they will have to face with four or five or more children. They also guide them about family planning and efficient birth control.
- Government should impose some restrictions/hard method to control the number of children per couple. Government should also provide some incentives or tax exemption to curb overpopulation.
To live a better life every family needs to have proper family planning in manner to provide their kids with complete nutritious food, proper shelter, best education, and other important resources. A country can only get success when its citizens are healthy and live a happy and content life. Thus the controlled population is the key to the success for every Country in the World.