An irrelevant element involved in the air which is harmful for environment is called air pollution. In India, its biggest cause is due to vehicle pollution which creates many problems including lack of oxygen in the atmosphere that leads to breathing diseases for all the living beings and the major issue of global warming.
Long and Short Essay on Vehicle pollution in India in English
On this crucial issue of vehicular pollution in India, we are presenting here various types of essays on vehicular pollution under different word limit to help you with the school/college assignments and exams. You can select any Vehicle pollution essay as per your need and interest:
Essay on Air Pollution Caused by Vehicles – Essay 1 (200 words)
A Vehicle has always been the prime necessity for the general public in India either it is scooter, motor cycle or car; it is not the time when having an own transport was treated as status symbol but nowadays it has become the need for everyone either in urban or rural areas to commute from one place to another.
Where some changes proves beneficial to a part of generation on the other side it become a curse for all world. For example invention of petrol or diesel fuelled vehicles. At this current time this world is living under the alarming rate of air pollution and the major cause of this crisis is the pollutants emitted from vehicles.
Air Pollution Caused by Vehicles
India is the country of 125 million people and is the biggest consumer of motor vehicles or automobiles. These vehicles either operated by petrol or diesels, extremely affect the environment and our ecosystem. Generally pollutants emitted from car are one of the biggest contributors to greenhouse emissions in the atmosphere. As we know that the whole world is under the fear of global warming and the biggest cause of it is the increasing level of vehicle pollution which needs a quick attention by all of us.
Automobile impact on environment is about 80 to 90%. According to Environmental Defence Fund (EDF) on-road vehicles cause one-third of the air pollution and all transportation causes 27 percent of greenhouse gas emissions.
Essay on Effects of Vehicular Pollution – Essay 2 (300 words)
Pollution in big metropolitan cities is increasing day by day and main cause for this is pollution through vehicle apart from industry. As more people are shifting from small cities to big cities, numbers of vehicles are increasing and it deteriorating the air quality badly. Various diseases in big cities are due to the vehicle pollution.
Effects of Vehicle Pollution on the Environment
With the increase in number of vehicles, pollution from these automobiles is increasing drastically. Combustion of fuel in vehicle emits various gases such as Sulphur oxide (SOx), Carbon mono oxide (CO), Nitrogen Oxide (NOx), suspended particulate matter (SPM) etc. These gases are creating immediate and long-term effect on the environment. Immediate effect are on the human for developing health hazard and long effect are harming the environment by creating global warming, acid rain, imbalance in eco system etc.
These gases trapped the heat in the atmosphere and leading to increase in temperature of earth i.e. global warming. This increase in temperature affects ecology such as increase in sea level; destroy of natural landscapes, drought in many part of world, flood, Cyclone etc. These gases are depleting the Ozone layer; due to this Ultraviolet rays are easily reaching in atmosphere which is a source of various skin diseases. SOx and NOx in the atmosphere converts into acid during rain and destroy the crops, forest and other vegetation. CO2 concentration in the air is increasing and reached up to 400ppm at its alarming level.
Diesel vehicles are more prone to generate air pollution and create various diseases such as cough, headache, nausea, asthma and other respiratory problems etc. Earlier, lead was used in fuel to increase the efficiency of burning, however it was discontinued as it was releasing poisonous gases such as lead, benzene in atmosphere which was more harmful if inhale by any person.
Effects of vehicle pollution are increasing day by day with the increasing number of vehicles on the road. Effects of vehicle pollution are badly affecting the living beings on the earth and causing lots of health related problems. Slowly but surely, it may make the earth an unsuitable place for living; so, we must take it serious and run to stop the vehicle pollution by regarding all the possible solutions.
Essay on How to Control Vehicular Pollution – Essay 3 (400 words)
Pollution through vehicle is a big problem in world, especially in metropolitan city. Vehicles are increasing day by day due to urbanization and increase in income of people. Everybody wants to go by own car or other vehicles to avoid the crowd in public transport system.
How to Control Vehicular Pollution
Here are few methods that the government are taking to control the vehicle pollution:
- Promoting of vehicle use with CNG fuel (Compressed Natural Gas) instead of Petrol and Diesel fuel. CNG are called green fuel i.e. pollution from CNG vehicle are very less in comparison to Petrol or Diesel.
- Regularly check up of pollution from vehicle through registered Authority.
- Promotion of Electric operated vehicle to reduce pollution.
- Phasing out of old or high polluted vehicles from the big city.
- Implementation of Euro-VI fuel in all over India progressively i.e. initially it was implemented in Delhi from April, 2018. In other big cities, it will be implementing till Dec, 2018. Euro-VI fuel will reduce the sulphur by 50 to 75 in Diesel engines.
- Government of India are working to introduce LNG (Liquefied Natural Gas) as fuel, it will further reduce the pollution from vehicle.
- Government has taken initiative to introduce mass transport system i.e. number of buses increased, Metro in various cities, Infrastructure development, Improvement in Road network.
- Implementation of Automatic tag system in Toll booth so that vehicle can go easily without waiting in queue for toll.
- Creating the bypass across the big cities so that vehicle coming from one end will not need to pass through the city to go to other side. Recently Eastern Peripheral Expressway opened that will bypass the Delhi for trucks or buses, if they are not having any stoppage in Delhi. It will reduce the traffic situation as well as reduce the pollution and save time for the public.
- Delhi Government implemented the odd-even car to run based on their registration number on particular day.
For the development of any country Urbanization is highly require but unfortunately it has been become possible at the cost of unwanted situation of air pollution all over the place. May be Causes are much enough for this drastic issue but there is always a solution to be execute.
Essay on Vehicle Pollution: Meaning, Causes, Effects and Solution – Essay 4 (500 words)
A major part of polluted air in atmosphere is because of vehicle and other means of transportation via water road or air. Vehicle pollution needs a quick attention to control over it in manner to save people’s health and to avoid global warming. In India some of its metro cities are under so much polluter air that it has become so difficult even to take breath by people over here. Situation is so worst that Bangalore has got the title of ‘asthma capital of India’.
Meaning of Vehicle Pollution
Vehicle pollution is the pollution caused by the types of vehicles running on the road. Vehicles need petrol or diesel as a fuel to get energy to run which emits various types of harmful gases in the environment after combustion. These harmful gases (carbon monoxide, unburned gasoline, lead, nitrogen oxides, carbon dioxide, etc) get spread in the atmosphere and pollute the pure air thus cause air pollution. Air pollution caused by automobiles/cars/vehicles emissions is called as vehicle pollution.
Causes of Vehicle Pollution
It is clearly defines that cause of increased vehicle pollution is the increased population of country and thus rapidly increasing demand of cars, bikes, scooter or other vehicles. Urbanization is also the major cause for vehicle pollution. As people are continuously moving towards the urban cities from rural areas which lead the growing demand of vehicle on road day by day.
Petrol or diesel fuelled passenger vehicles emerges a huge amount of nitrogen oxide, carbon mono oxide, Sulphur oxide (SOx) in the air. Vehicles are responsible for the unwanted elements in atmosphere which directly or indirectly affecting the people and all living being on earth.
Effects of Vehicle Pollution
- Vehicle pollution is affecting our environment in various manners like it is making our atmosphere so harmful that to take breath under metro cities is like just to take slow poison from air.
- Multiple diseases are emerging or we can say growing in urban areas due to vehicle pollution.
- Pollution in air creates major effects on human health including animals and plants also it is badly harming our ecosystem which results in terms of global warming.
- Automobile industry is directly affecting 80 to 90% in atmosphere by emerging greenhouse gases which are a group of compounds that are able to trap heat in the atmosphere, like nitrogen oxide carbon mono oxide, Sulphur oxide (SOx).
Solutions of Vehicle Pollution
Vehicle pollution is a major environmental issue in India which need to be resolve as soon as possible for the sake of our future generation.
- Air Pollution due to vehicle can be control only by getting strict for traffic rules and by enhancing the quality of automobile and manufacturing industries.
- Proper care of tyres and fuel tank of any vehicles helps in less exhaust emission. Car pooling, use of transport buses, improved and proper road management, use of CNG operated vehicles instead of petrol or diesel always helps in reducing air pollution.
- Regular vehicle pollution check up from authorized centres is highly required also its time to remove old vehicles from cities and to introduce electrical operated vehicles in cities for transportation.
- To control over vehicle on road government has tried to do some efforts time to time by introducing some new traffic rules like odd-even policy in Delhi NCR which led to run vehicles based on their registration number on their specified day.
Problems has always its solution only we need is to search and apply the better one. In India the Vehicle pollution is at high risk that needs an attention and support by each and every person individually.
Essay on Pollution Due to Vehicles /Automobiles/Cars – Essay 5 (600 Words)
In this essay we are taking a serious issue of vehicle pollution in India which is require to solve at prime basis. As the number of vehicles increases it lead to increase of harmful emissions which directly affects in air quality. In India this issue has become so huge in some metropolitan cities that oxygen level has been decreasing rapidly in atmosphere.
Vehicles are always counted as responsible for the production of greenhouse gases these are calculated as 70% of CO2, 50% of HC, 30-40% of NOx, 30% of SPM and 10% of SO2 of the overall air pollution over cities.
Causes of Air Pollution Due to Vehicles
Now a day a vehicle has become the need of general public in cities because of the high distance destinations all over and to avoid the over loaded passengers vehicles like autos, buses and local trains. Urbanization is also biggest reason for the increasing air pollution in India.
- A huge amount of air pollution creates because of the petrol fuelled passenger vehicles as it emerges a significant amount of nitrogen oxide carbon mono oxide and others harmful element in air.
- A major part of air pollution about 35% in metro cities of India is because of automobiles, cars or other vehicle. Vehicle pollution causes polluted air in environment and results as a harmful impact on people’s health.
- Engine exhaust (diesel and gas) carries more than 40 dangerous air pollutants. Uncountable numbers of vehicles on road in metro cities of India are inducing a kind of poison in air which results in form of symptoms like cough, headache, nausea and asthma problems.
- Vehicles play an important role in the formation of ground level ozoneand Carbon monoxide (CO). This colourless poisonous gas is formed by the combustion of fossil fuels such as gasoline and is emitted primarily from cars and trucks.
Increased Demand of Automobiles in India
According to the data in year 2011, the urban population has increased up to 377million which was only 62 million in the year of 1951. Also adding to this, there were only 18 cities with a population of over 1 million in 1991 which is expended to 46 cities in 2012. This shows the unmanaged unplanned increased population rate and results in form of high demand of transportation and its consumption patterns.
There were about 8.9 million vehicles sold in between year of (2005-06) and it reaches 15 million in 2010-2011. In period of 2016-2017 for the first time in India Passenger vehicle sales crossed the three million mile stone with a growth of 9.23 per cent.
By the end of March 2017 domestic passenger vehicles (PV) sales were at 30, 46,727 units against 27, 89,208.
Domestic car sales during the year grew 3.85 per cent to 21, 02,996 units from 20, 25,097 units.
Motorcycles sales in 2016-17 were at 1, 10, 94,543 units compared with 1, 07, 00, 406 in the previous fiscal, up 3.68 per cent.
Scooter sales in 2016-17 were at 56, 04,601 units in comparison to 50, 31,678 in the previous fiscal, up 11.39 per cent.
Which shows that the number of vehicles sold in India is increasing fast during the past few years. At the end of discussion this all lead to the crucial problem of air pollution in environment due to vehicles, automobile and cars.
Air pollution due to vehicles in India has majorly affected the metro cities. Bangalore has become the asthma capital of the country and in Pune air pollution has become such a serious problem that the respiratory suspended particulate matter in the air is more than the standard national level.
Essay on Pollution due to Urbanization
Essay on Pollution Due to Firecrackers
Essay on Environmental Pollution
Essay on Pollution due to Festivals