Honesty is the best policy is a famous phrase of Benjamin Franklin. It is the virtuous attribute earned sincerely by working hard even if unsuccessful. An honest person is defined as truthful, sincere and free of deceit and guilt.
Long and Short Paragraphs on Honesty is the Best Policy in English
You will find below a number of short and long paragraphs on ‘Honesty is the Best Policy’. We hope these ‘Honesty is the Best Policy’ paragraph will help students in completing their school assignments. These will also help children to write and read out paragraphs with simple words and small sentences. The language used in this paragraph is very lucid. Students can select any paragraph on ‘Honesty is the Best Policy’ according to their particular requirement.
Paragraph on Honesty is the Best Policy – 1 (100 words)
Honesty is the code of conduct that connotes positive attribute of a person such as truthfulness, integrity and straightforwardness. The proverb ‘Honesty is the best policy’ is a very meaningful proverb that refers to the importance and value of honesty in life.
Being honest sometimes puts you through hardships but ultimately it always leads you to good. It builds your relationships with others on trust and rewards you with honesty and respect while the path of dishonesty is a trap. You can achieve long term success and greatness only by walking on the lane of honesty. At the end of the day honesty gives you satisfaction and peace of mind.
Paragraph on Honesty is the Best Policy – 2 (150 words)
Honesty is the best policy refers to the value and importance of being honest in life. From childhood we are taught many moral values one of which is to always speak the truth in our day to day life as it is a positive attribute. Imbibing this ensures the absence of immoral characteristics such as lying, cheating and theft.
It is definitely easy to follow the path of dishonesty and falsehood but it entraps you to the extent that it becomes difficult to come out of it. When you lie once you need to lie again and again to cover it or to escape from it. Honesty helps you develop good relations and friendships based on trust. A person with good moral ethics such as truthfulness, integrity and straightforwardness is admired and looked up to by people in our society. It makes you feel confident, satisfied and builds your self esteem.
Paragraph on Honesty is the Best Policy – 3 (200 words)
Honesty is the best policy refers to the importance of honesty in life. It is vital to be honest in life as it defines your real character. We all are different from each other and what defines our individual character is our real persona and ethics in life. People identify the real you only if you are honest and real with them. If you believe in yourself and value yourself then you would voice your true opinion and express yourself.
In every aspect of life it is important to be honest. Often we might find ourselves in a situation where we find it difficult to follow the path of honesty and feel the urge to lie but once you start lying, you develop a habit. One can cheat or betray others but how can one lie to oneself. Following the path of honesty is worth it as it leads you to a positive life.
We all know lying whether to parents, teachers or anyone else is wrong and at the end of the day the consequences of lying may adversely affect not only those we lie to but also to our self. So, it is always vital to be truthful in life and never lie or cheat anyone.
Paragraph on Honesty is the Best Policy – 4 (250 words)
Honesty is the best policy is the phrase that signifies the value and importance of being a truthful person. It is one of the universally recognized and accepted sayings. Honesty is the most admirable and appreciated characteristics that a person can have. It is the virtue that is embedded in us by parents and teachers from our childhood.
We learn to be honest as we grow by watching parents, teachers and other people around us. Dishonesty is the sign of cowardliness and will gain you money and power but it will last for a short time. Honesty is the sign of strength and gives you long term benefits. An honest person is the one who will act as he says and thus is more trustworthy and reliable.
There will be more confusions and chaos in our society if everyone keeps lying and cheating each other. For example, if everyone scores great marks by cheating in exams rather than studying hard, there will be no importance of having knowledge. Or if we fake degrees and mark sheets and get jobs then there will be no importance of hard work and it would lead to inefficient work performance that might result in several adverse consequences.
So in any aspect of life, it is important to be honest or it may seriously harm not only us but others as well. An honest person can lead a more confident and respectable life. The fruits of honesty can be enjoyed for long term and be cherished for life time.
Paragraph on Honesty is the Best Policy – 5 (300 words)
Honesty is the best policy is a famous proverb that refers to the importance of being truthful in life. As per the saying, one should always be honest and sincere in all aspects of life.
Fables that Prove this Proverb Right
We all are aware of the story, “The Boy Who Cried Wolf” which is the story of a little shepherded boy who plays a prank to cry wolf and watch people come to save him. People from the neighborhood laugh and make fun of them. Unfortunately, when the wolf actually appears on the scene no one trusts the boy or assists him as he shouts and his sheep are devoured by the wolf. The moral of the story is that lying leads us to trouble and once you lie no one believes you even when you speak the truth.
Another such story is the very famous story titled “The Woodcutter and the Axe” In this story, the woodcutter living near the forest was once cutting wood near the river and suddenly his axe fell in the river. This made the woodcutter very upset and he started weeping and praying God to help him as the only source of his livelihood was axe.
Then appeared the river Goddess and asked him why he was crying and he narrated what happened. The river goddess brought from the bottom of the river, iron, silver and golden axe and asked him which one was his and he replied the iron one. The River Goddess was very happy and gave him all the axes as a reward of his honesty. Thus, the moral of the story is that honesty is always rewarding.
So, we have been learning from parents, teachers and by observing and understanding the consequences of honesty and dishonesty that the former always wins over the later.
Paragraph on Honesty is the Best Policy – 6 (350 words)
Honesty is the best policy refers to the importance and value of being honest. Honesty leads you to the simple life that is uncomplicated in the absence of all the non-essentials. It allows you to focus on the more important things in life. Every time when we are not honest we have to create alternate reality and ultimately we are forced to live in two worlds; the real one and the created one. When we choose honesty in all aspects of life including family, relationships, education and marriage, life gets simpler and trouble free.
Consider the Following Facts about Being Honest
- Long Term Consequences: The reason why we often lie is that we see the short term gains but these short term gains may have long term consequences that we need to consider.
- Honesty is a Powerful Tool: You can voice your genuine opinion only when you are honest. Use your honesty to encourage others and not to degrade others. It is a powerful tool as it can highly influence others.
- Moral Character: When you choose to live the life of integrity it will be painful at times but soon you will realize that honesty is much easier path that leads you to satisfaction in all aspects of life.
- To be or Not to be Honest: We all need to understand at times truth can create unnecessary conflicts or hurt sentiments of another person so knowing when to avoid it is very important.
- Honest Outside – Honest Inside: If you choose to be honest in life with others it is important first of all to be honest with yourself. If we have evils and wounds in our lives we need to accept them, own them and address them.
- Honesty and Relationships: It is important to be honest in relationships to avoid creating misunderstandings and soreness in future. Being dishonest in a relationship is only going to make you happy for short term.
Thus, it is very important to understand the power of truthfulness and how it can affect the life of others as well as your own. It is vital to use the tool of honesty wisely to influence people optimistically and not to harm or discourage them.
Paragraph on Honesty is the Best Policy – 7 (400 words)
‘Honesty is the best policy’ signifies the importance of truthfulness in life. If you are striving to be a great person in life, honesty has to be the foundation. Honesty is the road to authenticity and esteem. It strengthens you and allows you to be yourself. It gives you confidence and allows you to set realistic goals in life.
Why Honesty is the Best Policy?
Let’s have a look at some of the positives of being honest:
- Honesty Shows your Self-Acceptance: There can be soreness and wounds associated with honesty but at the end of the day it is yourself expression. It is certainly the reflection of your thoughts and feelings. It shows your self-acceptance and self-worth in life.
- Honesty Rewards in Honesty Itself: We always expect others to be honest so the same way others expect us to be honest. When you yourself are honest you are likely to be rewarded with honesty.
- Honesty Eliminates your Burden: Holding on the burden of dishonesty and deceit and hiding your true feelings will seize away your mental peace. Being honest always will prevent the growth of emotional garbage.
- Honesty Fosters Close Connections: Honest people are loved and admired by everyone. To build any relationship the foundation has to be trust earned through honesty. It fosters close connections as it ensures safety and wellness. It gives the secure feeling and makes you more reliable.
- It Makes You Feel Good: Being honest and expressing yourself freely makes you feel great. You don’t need to restrict yourself and live with any fear. It is important for your overall well being.
- Honesty Shows You Trust and Care: Being honest with others shows how much you really trust, value and care for your connections. It reflects your respect for others and for yourself.
- Honesty is Appealing: It is obvious that people love and admire honest people. Honesty and sincerity is very appealing and attractive.
- Honesty Keeps You out of Troubles: We are all aware that we can dig ourselves deeper in the pit with deceit and lies such that it becomes difficult to come out of it. It will certainly give rise to many troubles and chaos in life. So, it is important to keep a clean slate by always being honest in life.
Hence, we all know the advantages of being honest and truthful in life. So, it is vital to develop the habit of being truthful not only for others but for our self. Which make us live with proud in our society.