Digital India is a campaign launched by the Government of India on 1st July 2015 by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The main objective of the campaign is to make government services available in electronic form. However, the move requires massive technological improvements at ground levels like increased internet connectivity and infrastructure developments. India has a huge potential in mobile and internet markets with nearly 560 Million internet users. In the coming years, the government has planned to make all the significant government services digital.
Long and Short Essay on Digital India
Essay 1 (250 words)
Digital India is a project started by the government of India on the 1st of July, 2015 (from 1st to 7th of July as a digital week) in order to transform India into a complete digitally empowered as well as knowledgeable country of the world. This project is interconnected by the various governmental departments such as IT, education, agriculture, etc in order to achieve a promising bright return. It is headed and planned by the ministry of communications and information technology. It is like a golden opportunity for India when got implemented properly.
At the very starting of the project launch, there was a plan by the state government to make available high-speed internet connection in almost 250,000 villages and other residential areas of the country. The crucial role played by the “Bharat Broadband Network Limited (BBNL)” in this project is really appreciable.
In digital India, there would be easy digitization of data which will help in making things much more efficient and fast in the future. It will reduce paperwork, save manpower and save time as well. This project will take speed by tying the knot between the government and private sectors. A huge number of villages interconnected with the high-speed networks will really undergo a huge change from backward regions to complete digitally equipped areas.
All the cities, towns and villages in India will get more tech-savvy. This project has been planned to be completed by 2019 with the investment of leading companies (national or international). It has been declared by the Ambani to invest around 2.5 lac crore in the digital India project.
Essay 2 (300 words)
Digital India is a campaign launched by the Government of India on the 1st of July, 2015 in order to transform India into a complete digital country. It is an initiative planned to digitally empower Indian society by integrating the government departments and leading companies (national or international level). The main purpose of digitizing this country is to make available all the government services at easy reach to the citizens of India. There are three key vision areas of this program which are:
- Digital infrastructure all through the country is like a utility to the Indian people as it will make available high-speed internet delivering all the government services with ease and fast. It will provide lifelong, unique, online and authenticable digital identity to the citizens. It will make easy access to any online services like handling bank account, financial management, safe and secure cyber-space, education, distance learning, etc.
- The high demand for good governance and online services will make available all the services in real-time through digitization. Digitally transformed services will also promote people for doing online business by making financial transactions easy, electronic and cashless.
- Digital empowerment of Indian people will really make possible of digital literacy through universally accessible digital resources. It will enable people to submit required documents or certificates online and not physically in the schools, colleges, offices or any organization.
Digital India program has been implemented by the government of India to ensure the following aims of this initiative:
- To ensure the broadband highways.
- To ensure universal access to mobile phones.
- To facilitate people with high-speed internet.
- To bring e-Governance by reforming government through digitization.
- To bring e-Kranti through electronic delivery of services.
- To make available online information for all.
- To ensure more IT jobs.
Essay 3 (400 words)
Digital India project was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on the 1st of July in 2015. It is an effective scheme to transform India for better growth and development of the people and the country. Digital India week (from 1st July to 7th July) was inaugurated by the PM on Wednesday in the presence of senior ministerial colleagues and leading companies CEOs. It aims to give India a digital push for good governance and more jobs. The PM of India has tried his best towards digitizing campaign for India in order to bridge the gap between government services and people. Digitization was the need to be implemented in India for a bright future and grow more than any other developed country. Following are the benefits of digital India campaign:
- It makes possible the implementation of a digital locker system which in turn reduces paperwork by minimizing the usage of physical documents as well as enabling e-sharing through registered repositories.
- It is an effective online platform which may engage people in governance through various approaches like “Discuss, Do and Disseminate”.
- It ensures the achievement of various online goals set by the government.
- It makes possible for people to submit their documents and certificates online anywhere which reduces physical work.
- Through the e-Sign framework, citizens may digitally sign their documents online.
- It may ease the important health care services through an e-Hospital system such as online registration, taking doctor appointments, fee payment, online diagnostic tests, blood check-ups, etc.
- It provides benefits to the beneficiaries through the National Scholarship Portal by allowing submission of application, verification process, sanction and then disbursal.
- It is a big platform that facilitates the efficient delivery of government or private services all over the country to its citizens.
- Bharat Net program (a high-speed digital highway) will connect almost 250,000-gram panchayats of country.
- There is a plan of outsourcing policy also to help in the digital India initiative.
- For better management of online services on mobile such as voice, data, multimedia, etc, BSNL’s Next Generation Network will replace 30-year old telephone exchange.
- National Centre for Flexible Electronics will help in the promotion of flexible electronics.
- Large scale deployment of Wi-Fi hotspots has been planned by the BSNL all across the country.
- There is Broadband Highways in order to handle all the connectivity related issues.
- Open access of broadband highways in all the cities, towns and villages will make possible the availability of world-class services on the click of the mouse.