Digital India is a program to empower the country digitally by delivering government services online and improving online infrastructure by increasing internet connectivity with high speed internet networks in all parts of the country.
You will find below a number of short and long paragraphs on Digital India. We hope these Digital India paragraphs will help students in completing their school assignments. These will also help children to write and read out paragraphs with simple words and small sentences. Students can select any paragraph on Digital India according to their particular requirement.
Long and Short Paragraphs on Digital India in English
Digital India Paragraph 1 (100 Words)
Digital India is a campaign launched to make available government services digitally by developing online infrastructure and improving internet connectivity. The technologies which include internet and mobile apps have emerged as channel for speedy economic growth and citizen empowerment.
The Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi launched the campaign on 1st July 2015. It includes plans to widen the high speed internet connectivity networks to rural areas of the country. It aims mostly at development of digital infrastructure, providing government services digitally and universal digital literacy. The purpose of Digital India is growth in digital services, electronic manufacturing, and job opportunities. Hence, as the title suggests it is all about growth of Digitalization in India.
Digital India Paragraph 2 (150 Words)
Digital India initiative is a very meaningful program introduced by the government of India to improve digital connectivity and make governance in the country more transparent. Digital technologies are increasingly being used by us in day to day life for making bill payments, booking tickets, transferring money and more. It is being used in retail stores, educational institutes, government offices and almost everywhere. They help us in online transactions, connecting with each other and sharing information from anywhere in the world.
Digital India is transforming India and bringing revolution in the life of people through various aspects of the program. There is immense growth in various services and sectors developing our nation to Digital India. It also aims at training rural people, making them digitally literate and providing various job opportunities in rural areas. With effective implementation of e-governance, information technology can reach common man. Digital India initiative is for the simplification of citizens, services and government.
Digital India Paragraph 3 (200 Words)
Digital India is a large-scale program projected at 1, 13,000 crores preparing India for digital and knowledge based transformation. The objective of Digital India is to connect India with high speed internet networks and encourage digital literacy. It aims for advancement in e-governance and growth in electronic services, manufacturing, devices and employment opportunities. It is centered on three key areas:
Digital Infrastructure for Every Citizen
- It aims at high speed internet availability to provide services to each citizen. It saves original and unique digital identity for lifelong authenticity of every citizen.
- Bank account and mobile phone to make possible citizens participation in financial and digital space.
- Ensure easily accessible common service centers.
- Sharable private space available to the general public on a public cloud.
- Ensure safe cyber-security.
Governance and Services on Demand
- To ensure service availability from digital platform.
- All citizens’ rights to be available online.
- Digital services for carrying on business easily.
- Cashless electronic transactions.
- Influencing Geospatial Information System.
Digital Empowerment of Citizens
- Provide universal digital literacy
- Accessible digital resources universally
- All government certificates and documents to be available online.
- To make digital services and resources available in Indian languages.
Thus, it is centered on above mentioned three key areas and its sub components to digitally empower the citizens and our country.
Digital India Paragraph 4 (250 Words)
The digital India Campaign is a program launched by the Government of India to transform India into a digitally empowered country. Given below are some of the important facts and objectives of Digital India:
- Development of digital infrastructure and electronic manufacturing in India.
- Delivering government services through electronic medium.
- Empowering Indian citizens digitally.
- The key tools that will strengthen the project are Digital Identity for authentication, Bank account for transfer of subsidies and payments, mobile phone for universal mobile connectivity to access all services.
- 5 lakh villages will have broadband and universal phone connectivity aiming at NET ZERO imports in 2020.
- 5 lakh educational centers including universities and schools will have Wi-Fi connectivity.
- 7 Crore people will be trained for IT, Electronics and Telecom jobs.
- It will provide 1.7 crore job opportunities directly and the economic development will initiate additional 8.5 crore jobs. Around 10 crore jobs in the period of 4 years are expected.
- India will have around 400,000 public Internet Access points.
- One common service center in each gram panchayat in the state and 28000 BPO jobs will be generated.
- The Digital India program aims at eliminating imports of electronics from foreign countries by 2020.
- Government aims at ensuring that by 2019 every citizen in India will have Smartphone.
- India to lead in use of IT in services such as education, health, banking, public cloud and internet access.
- The internet users have gone up to 500 million in India till April 2017.
Digital India program has strong focus on e-Governance and information technology for empowerment and efficiency.
Digital India Paragraph 5 (300 Words)
The Digital India program has a vision to transform India into digitally empowered nation. It aims at Digital India where the citizens are digitally literate and all the resources and information are available digitally. Some of the chief facilities provided by digital services are Bharat net, Digital locker, e-learning, e-shopping, e-sign, e-health and national scholarship portal.
Digital Services by Government of India
National e-governance plan is an initiative by Indian Government to bring all the government services online.
- Bharat Net: Bharat Broadband Network limited system by Government of India also Bharat net is telecom infrastructure provider for the organization, management and function of National Optical Fiber Network that will connect 625,000 villages of India by December 2018.
- E-Sign Framework: It allows citizens to sign a document digitally with the help of Adhar authentication.
- E-Hospital Application: It provides citizens with online services such as registration, appointment, payment, online diagnostic reports, etc.
- E-Shopping: E-shopping is digital shopping platform that lets people buy goods and services online.
- E-Learning: E-learning refers to online learning to access educational curriculum unlike traditional classroom education. In most cases the degree program or course is completely delivered online.
- Digital Locker: The facility of Digital Locker will help citizens to store and have secure access to their important documents like PAN card, Passports, Degree Certificates and other Government issued documents by authenticity through Adhaar card. It encourages sharing verified digital documents across government agencies.
- in is an online platform to participate in the matters of policy and governance by sharing inputs and ideas. It allows citizens to engage in governance.
The digital revolution in India has mostly benefited the privileged groups but it is difficult to measure the scalability of different initiatives to affect the entire population equally. There needs to be more research, effective implementation and changes in policy and organizations for significant impact.
Digital India Paragraph 6 (350 Words)
Digital India is an ambitious program by Government of India for transforming India into digitally empowered country and knowledge based economy providing governance by coordinated engagement with state and central government.
The Nine Pillars of Digital India
- Broadband Highway: A Broadband Highway includes Broadband for Rural, Broadband for Urban and National Information Infrastructure.
- Universal Access to Mobile connectivity: The purpose of this initiative is to focus on network penetration and widen the connectivity in all parts of the country. The 42,300 villages uncovered in the country will be provided universal mobile connectivity.
- Public Internet Access Program: The two components of public internet access program are post offices as multi service centers and common service centers. It aims at converting post offices in to multi service centers and increase the number of common service centers and strengthen them with multi-functional end points for providing government and business services.
- E-Governance: E-governance is the integration of information and communication technology in all the processes to improve transactions – from online interface between departments, online repository of certificates and voter ID cards, Integration of unique identification of authority of India, and Electronic data exchange integration to payment gateway.
- Electronic Delivery of Services: Electronic delivery of services aims at development of technologies in the areas of agriculture, health, financial inclusion, education, justice and security.
- Information to All: Information to All would make availability of information through online medium. This would result into open and easy access to information by citizens.
- IT for Jobs: The goal of IT for Jobs is to train people in small towns for IT sector jobs. Set up BPOs in villages and create a telecom ready workforce.
- Electronic Manufacturing: It aims at strengthening the electronic manufacturing in country and targets at NET-ZERO imports by 2020.
- Early Harvest Program: It includes measures such as IT platform for messages, Government greetings to be e-Greetings, Wi-Fi in all universities, secure email within government, Biometric attendance, Public Wi Fi hotspots, school books to be eBooks, National portal for Lost and Found children, standardize government email design, SMS based weather information and disaster alerts.
The vision of Digital India is to empower citizens of India with knowledge, services, information and create opportunities through digital advancements.
Digital India Paragraph 7 (400 Words)
Digital revolution in our country has lead to improved communication technology and computing. It is the economic revolution that marks changes in many aspects of our lives and complete shift in our society. There are many benefits of digital revolution and it isn’t surprising to see its advantages in our everyday life.
Advantages of Digital India
Here are the advantages of Digital India we notice in our day to day life:
- Digital India links individuals and groups together: It is now so easy to stay connected to people in any corner of the world. We have instant access to friends, family and relatives within or outside the country.
- Sharing ideas and thoughts: It is so easy to share your ideas and thoughts with the world using social media and technology. Your ideas can be shared, accepted, encouraged and loved by millions of people using internet medium.
- Online opportunities: New startups can begin with access to internet. One can start new business in just few hours. Several job opportunities are generated and can be applied online from the comfort of your home.
- Sales and purchase: Sales and purchase are now simpler and possible worldwide through online medium.
- Digital India Payment: Digital payments are simpler to make, very convenient and it’s flexible to make payment anytime from anywhere. Further Digital India program aims at digitally empowered economy that is paperless, faceless and cashless.
- Digitalization in Entertainment Industry: It includes Digitalization in movies and cinema, digitalization in music and second screen phenomenon. Second screen is the second device used other than television to watch television programs and shows. It also includes digitalization in gaming industries.
- Online Banking: People have continuous access to banks with online banking. With digitalization banks provide better customer services. Customers don’t need to store large amount of cash anymore and can make cashless transactions at any time and place.
- Document Management: From small scale organizations to multinational firms – digitization is the key to modern day document management. It is a secure, efficient and cost effective way.
- Education: Education is provided online and we can have access to knowledge from anywhere. It also has made researching very quick and easy. There are many courses and programs one can pursue online to earn degree or get certified.
Thus, there are many advantages of Digitization. Information has become easily accessible at just the click of a button and several tasks have become easier. The advantages of Digital India are increasing and widening at rapid speed and transforming India for the better.