Save trees is a slogan used to motivate people to save trees and plant more trees in the surrounding areas by spreading the importance of trees among people as well as reduce deforestation and cut down trees. Trees are as important to our life as food and water. Life becomes very difficult without trees or we can say that life would be finished because trees are the most important aspect of giving us a healthy and wealthy life. Save trees are an important social awareness nowadays and have been included in the student’s life through the study.
Long and Short Essay on Save Trees
Essay 1 (250 words)
Save trees, save a life is not only a slogan, but it is also a responsibility which should be followed by each and every person living on the earth. It is a big opportunity for all of us to save our healthy environment and green earth by saving trees. Trees are a symbol of life on the earth and natural home for many people and wild animals. Saving trees have been must at any cost in such a modern world where urbanization, industrialization and global warming is going very fast. In such a technological world, where people are fighting and working for themselves only, only trees are living for benefiting others (human beings and animals).
Trees are nourishing life on the earth in many ways by providing fruits, vegetables, foliage, flowers, spices, cool shade, medicines, roots, bark, wood, sprouts, etc. One fully grown tree may serve humanity for many years without getting anything in return. They prevent us from many diseases by purifying the air, maintaining the ecological balance, providing medicines, etc. Plants are like important assets that prevent soil erosion, provide habitats to the faunal species, provide nutrients to the soil, etc. I have mentioned the following ways to save trees and the environment:
- We should make some effective efforts from our own end by joining the organizations working to save trees.
- We should make our trees saving service volunteer so that other people may also motivate.
- We should encourage our family members, friends, neighbors, small kids to get involved in saving our important resources.
- We should participate in the discussion or meeting related to the trees conservation issues in the community or state.
- We should hugely involve our new generation and teach children to respect trees, nature, and the environment by getting them to hikes or camping.
- We should promote new planting in our surroundings.
Essay 2 (300 words)
We are really bestowed by our mother earth many precious gifts nourishing our lives. One of the important precious gifts is trees. It is the source of food and shelter too for human beings and animals on the earth. Trees are a natural home to many tribes living inside forests and home to all the birds. They give us timber to make furniture, refresh air, prevent soil erosion and floods, give cool and clean air in summer, source of products like gum, paper, rubber, medicine, rain, etc. We should understand the roles and importance of trees in our lives and take a pledge to not destroy them as well as encourage people to plant more trees.
How to Save a Tree
Here are some effective ways to save the tree and save life and environment on the earth:
- We should find out the reasons for trees removal in the particular region and analyze whether a tree needed to be removed because of being dead, damaged, diseased or planted in an inappropriate location.
- We should get proper information about the street tree removal by contacting city department, calling to the local division of urban forestry, or writing a letter to the city forester regarding trees removal objection.
- We can contact our city council representatives regarding tree removal issues.
- We should join our hands together with neighbors and set a public hearing in front of officials regarding the saving of the tree.
- We should research and collect all the benefits of trees in order to make the case strong and effective.
- We should contact the media and make them on our side to reach tree removal issues to the public and generate awareness.
- If trees have been removed, we should contact the local governmental or nonprofit organization for ensuring re-plantation in the same area
Life is possible on the earth because of water, oxygen, and trees and we cannot ignore that trees are source of oxygen and water on the earth. If we are destroying trees or forests, we are destroying our lives and the environment from the green earth. Human beings are considered as the most intelligent creature on the earth, so we should understand our responsibility towards nature and start saving trees, the green gold of earth.
Essay 3 (400 words)
Trees are the most valuable and important source of life on earth. They are very critical to the healthy and vibrant communities on the earth. They benefit all the living things on the earth in some direct and indirect ways. Everything on the earth connects to each other and running according to nature's balance if any disturbance occurs to its whole environment may disturb and harm the lives on earth.
Plants protect us from many natural disasters and nourish our lives in many ways. They keep our environment clean and earth green so, we are also responsible for them and try our best to protect trees. Large and mature trees are more beneficial in nature than smaller ones as they capture more carbon, filter greenhouse gases at a high rate, capture more stormwater, provide big shadow and combat urban heat, reduce energy use and many more, so we should not cut them even in an emergency.
Benefits of Trees
Here I have mentioned some real benefits of the trees which help you to understand that why trees should not be cut however need to be planted from time to time.
- Mature trees help us to combat the climate changes by refreshing air and absorbing greenhouse gases as they are the main source of climate change.
- Trees help in air cleaning by refreshing the air as they absorb all the odors and pollutant gases in the environment.
- An acre of mature trees may provide required oxygen to 18 people per year.
- Trees help in combating summer heat as well as low winter temperatures.
- Trees are the best energy conservation and global warming management technique as they reduce the need for summer air conditioning by up to 50 percent.
- They save water by slowing down the water evaporation from the ground through their shadow.
- Trees are natural water filters and play a great role in preventing water pollution by allowing water to flow down to the earth below tree thus prevent rainwater to carry pollutants to the ocean.
- Trees prevent soil erosion by holding large amounts of soil to one place.
- Trees provide us a strong shield to get protected from the ultra-violet rays and thus from skin cancer and other skin disorders.
- Trees are a good source of food (like fruits, vegetables, etc), shelter, medicines, economy, etc.
- Trees have good healing property among patients having any health-related complications like children with ADHD if they have direct exposure to the trees and nature.
- Trees are a good source of identifying seasons, they reduce violence, and create economic opportunities for people.
- Trees are the best teacher who never talks but shows everything. They are also the best playmate of the kids.
- They are a good example of unity in diversity.
- Trees are a good source of reducing noise pollution, water pollution, air pollution, and soil pollution.
By seeing all the benefits of trees mentioned above, we can completely understand the value of trees in our lives. Thus we should not cut trees, we always oppose the cutting of trees and forests, we should promote more tree plantation in the human crowded area, and motivate common people to save trees.
Essay 4 (500 words)
Trees play a great role in cleaning the air, soil and water and thus making the earth a better place to live. People who live close to the trees are generally healthier and happier. Trees help us a lot through their limitless servings all across life. As a human being, have we ever thought our responsibilities towards trees or only we are enjoying their benefits. Saving plants we are not showing any kindness to the plants instead we are showing kindness to our lives because life is not possible without trees on the earth. So, if we want to live life in a healthy way, we have to save plants forever.
Why Save Trees
Below I have mentioned some points proving why we should save trees:
- Trees always clean and refresh the air by releasing oxygen and filtering particulate matter including dust, micro metal particles, pollutants, greenhouse gases (ozone, ammonia, nitrogen oxides, and sulfur dioxides), etc.
- Trees reduce smog and air pollution from the environment.
- They improve water quality, prevent water pollution, their root system reduce stormwater runoff, prevent flooding and soil erosion.
- Trees are a good source of energy-saving because they reduce the use of air cooling systems during the summer season like an electric fan, air conditioning, etc.
- Well-landscaped yards and real estate have nice value because of having a positive economic influence on real estate they speed up the sale of the home.
- According to the Human-Environment Research Lab, trees are very effective in reducing the violence levels in the neighborhood.
- Four trees nearby the home may save around 30% of the summer cooling costs whereas 1 million trees may save around $10 million energy costs per year.
- Forty to fifty trees help in removing approximately 80 pounds of the air pollutants per year.
- Trees have very little water requirement per year (400 trees need approximately 40,000 gallons of rainwater).
- A tree throughout its life period of 50 years provides oxygen worth $31,250.
- Trees around home boost its market value by 6 or 7% and add around 10% to a property’s value (according to the USDA Forest Service).
- A healthy and mature tree may provide a cooling effect equivalent to air conditioner cooling ten room size area (20 hours/day, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture).
As we have seen above about the importance of trees, values of trees in our lives and also well aware of why we should save trees; we should start a campaign of tree saving awareness in our surroundings to the aware common public. We should promote people to highly participate in such types of events to know the issues related to reducing the number of plants on the earth.
We should be always active and open our eyes regarding the existence of green gold on the earth. We should not involve in cutting trees and always oppose the cutting of trees and forests. We should always participate in tree plantation activities especially in the human crowded and polluted area.