Here we have provided various speech on save water under different words limit for the school students. Such type of save water speech will help students to actively take part in the speech recitation at any occasion in the school without any fear. You can select any of the speeches given below according to your need and requirement.
Long and Short Speech on Save Water in English
Save Water Speech 1
Good morning to the excellencies, respected teachers and my dear colleagues. I would like to speech on a very important topic “save water” today at this special occasion. As well all know that how the water is important for the continuation of life on the earth.
It is the most basic need of everyone (human being, animal, plant and other microorganisms). Water is the unique source of life, without water we cannot imagine the life here. Life on other planets is not possible just because of the absence of water. It is considered as the most important among other known celestial bodies.
Almost three-fourth area of the earth is covered by the water and it constitutes around 60-70 % of the living world. It seems that water is endless renewable source on the earth because it is regenerated and redistributed all over the earth through evaporation and rain. It arises a question in our mind that if water is renewable source then why we should worry for water and try to conserve it.
Actually, there is only 1% of the water on the earth which is usable to us. And other water bodies have unusable water to us such as 97% salty sea water, 2% water in the form of glaciers and polar ice caps. Only 1% water is here for us over which a huge population all over the world is depended for the survival. Death is more possible in the lack of water than the lack of food. It again arises a question in our mind that why we are so late in realizing the need of water saving and conservation.
Since the life of each and every living things on the earth depends on water, then scenario will get worse if useful water become dirty or started reducing. A water looking fresh and drinkable from outside can be mixed with the harmful and toxic elements through various sources like industries, factories, sewer, etc and cause illness and death if ingested by animals, plants or human beings. Here are some tips which really will help us to save water:
- Parents should aware their children about the need of water conservation. They should avoid buying recreational water toys (which require constant stream of water) to their children.
- Everyone should be aware of the water shortage rules and restrictions and strictly follow in their own area.
- Every employee should be active for the water conservation at their own work place and encourage their employer to promote water conservation in other effective ways.
- There should be water conservation awareness and tips for every starter in the orientation manual and training program at schools, colleges, work place, offices, institutions, etc.
- Water conservation techniques should be promoted on every news media such as TV, newspaper, radio, FM, community newsletters, bulletin boards, banners, etc.
- People should be more active in their area to report (to their owner, local authorities, water management of district) any problems related to water loss through broken pipes, errant sprinklers, open hydrants, abandoned free-flowing wells, etc.
- Water conservation awareness should be highly developed and promoted especially in the schools to aware children means future of the nation.
- School students should be assigned to prepare projects on water conservation or given this topic during any competition like debate, discussion, essay writing or speech recitation.
- It should be promoted at tourism level so that tourists and visitors can be aware of and understand the need for water conservation.
- As being educated citizens we should encourage our friends and neighbors to join the water conscious community.
- Everyone should make a task related to water saving and try to complete by the end of day strictly.
Save Water Speech 2
A very good morning to the respected teachers, my dear friends and other gathered people here. As we are here to celebrate this occasion, I would like to speech on the topic of save water. Now-a-days, lack of useful water in our surrounding areas is the most serious topic which needs to be working out urgently. Three-fourth of the earth surface is covered by the water however there is lack of drinking water on the earth (only 1%).
The level of drinking water on the earth is getting down and dirty because of various industrial sources day by day. It is very serious matter that we are losing the useful water on the earth. Each human body consists of 75% water which make clear that how the water is important for us as a prime elements and responsible for life on the earth. Water circulates itself in the universe through the process of evaporation and rain.
A well developed human body contains an average of 42 liters of water however suffers dehydration at a very small loss of 2.7 liters. He/she starts feeling weak, irritable, fatigue, dizziness, nervousness, headaches, etc. We all should improve the habit of water saving and conservation in our home and outside. Here are some points which can help us in save water outside the doors:
- We should use water according to the need and requirement and never over-water our lawn they need watering every 5 to 7 days (summer season), every 10 to 14 days (winter season) and almost not in the rainy season.
- We should water the lawns especially in the early morning or late evening because due to the low temperature and low wind speed it can not be lost through evaporation and totally used by the plants.
- We should not water the streets, driveways or sidewalks, all are wastage of water.
- We should use water-efficient methods of irrigation (micro and drip irrigation, soaker hoses, etc) while sprinkling over plants or other place.
- If a lawn cut higher, it encourages roots of the plants go deeper and holds more soil moisture thus require less water from outside.
- We should never fertilizes (or only sometimes according to need) our lawns because it increases the need of more water.
- Sprinklers or hoses can not be left unattended as they may loss approximately 600 gallons of water in few hours.
- Car washing should be done on the green ground or lawn otherwise prefer commercial car wash as they recycles water.
- We should avoid ornamental water features like fountains in the lawn as show piece.
- There should be filter system in the individual swimming pools.
- Mulching technique also helps plants to retain soil moisture for long time.
- We should try to plant some native and drought resistant plants, grasses, ground covers and shrubs in the lawns as they do not need more water to survive.
- There should not be any leakage in the water pipes in the home and in case of leakage, hose washers can be used between spigots and water hoses.
Save Water Speech 3
Good morning to the excellencies, my respected teachers and my dear colleagues. I would like to speech on the topic of save water today while celebrating such a nice occasion. Hope you all would help me and let me fulfill the objectives of my speech. As we all know the importance of water in our life. Water involves in almost all the processes in our body such as digestion, elimination, assimilation, respiration, maintaining body temperature, etc. It is required to remove the thirst of our body.
We can live for days without food however cannot imagine to live without water more than a day. The level of useful drinking water (only 1%) on the earth is very less and other water is salty and not useful to the living beings. Water is required by everything like plants, animals, microorganisms, human being, etc to fulfill the body requirements. Do we imagine that what will happen if the drinking water get finished a day or get polluted. Yes, it is the main question which has opened the eyes of everyone and start saving water at every place we belong like home, surrounding area, office, school, college, etc.
We have to save and conserve our drinking water from extra spend as well as being polluted by following various techniques of water conservation. Now-a-days, in the world of technological improvement and industrialization, the safe water is getting polluted to a huge level on daily basis by getting mixed with hundreds of tons of toxins and impurities (as industrial wastes). There are many water treatments used to make dirty water clean and bacteriologically safe however many times they have been proved ineffective because of the presence of certain pathogenic bacteria (giardia and cryptosporidium) after test.
Sometimes the presence of toxic chemicals and inorganic minerals are also found causing various diseases. In order to be safe from the diseases, a mass of people has started drinking mineral water. If we regularly destroy and soiled our drinking water, surely there would be a day soon when we get pure water (labeled as oxygen enriched, free toxic materials, radioactive and chemical compounds). Here are some points helping how to better save drinking water:
- We should not waste water by draining it without purpose. All the taps should be closed properly to avoid unnecessary water drainage.
- Do not waste water by irrigating lawns unnecessarily. Lawn needs water every 5 to 7 days in the summer whereas every 10 to 14 days in winter.
- People should verify that home is leak-free while buying home.
- All the dripping taps should be repaired soon through replacing washers as they may loss around 2,700 gallons of water per year.
- Toilet tank leaks should be checked time to time by using food coloring to the tank (if there is leakage it would appear within few min).
- Never flush toilet or use showers for long time unnecessarily because there may be huge water loss.
- People should use only required amount of water bathing or washing clothes.
- Do not destroy water while washing hands, brushing teeth or washing face on the basin, it is good to use mug water or keep close the tap while rubbing hands with soap, cleaning teeth or washing face.
- Automatic dishwashers and clothes washers should be operated only when fully loaded in order to save water.
- Everyone should store drinking water for long time in the big container instead of using tap run every time.
Save Water Speech 4
A very good morning to the excellencies, respected teachers and my dear friends. I am here to speech over save water topic today on this great occasion. I would like to say thanks to my class teacher to give such a great opportunity at this day to speech over an important topic. Water conservation is the technique to save clean and pure water for the future use by following various effective measures. Managing fresh water as a sustainable resource requires various strategies and activities in order to protect life by meeting all the water demands.
Reducing the level of fresh drinking water is very serious issue for this huge worldwide population and increasing need of people for water especially in the manufacturing and agricultural irrigation. Water conservation is necessary to fulfills the goal of future generations. It reduces the use of energy because water management require around 15% of the total electricity consumption. It also involve in the habitat conservation for the local wildlife and migrating waterfowl. It reduces need of building other dams or water diversion infrastructures.
In order to conserve fresh drinking water we need to reduce water loss, avoid damaging natural water quality and improve water management practices. There are many water conservation programs run by the government in order to solve the social problems related to water at the local level (municipal water utilities or regional governments). Some common strategies are like public outreach campaigns, reduce outdoor water use, etc.
According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, it is estimated that if water metering is done to everyone it will reduce water consumption by 20 to 40 %. Water metering is also necessary to raise awareness among public that metering will surely identify and localize the water leakage anywhere. This is the effective using which water department can easily monitor water usage by every family in the society. There should be less water consumed by the people in various water consuming appliances in the home like toilet flush, showers, sprinklers, fountains, washing machine, dish washers, etc.
There should be water-saving technology in the home appliances like low-flow shower heads (also called energy-efficient shower heads), low-flush toilets, composting toilets, dual flush toilets (uses almost 67% less water than the conventional toilets), faucet aerators, raw water flushing (toilets using sea water or non-purified water), water reuse or recycling of water, rainwater harvesting, clothe washers with high-efficiency, weather-based irrigation controllers, garden hose nozzles, low flow taps everywhere, covered swimming pool to reduce water evaporation, automatic faucet, water less urinals, water less car washing, etc reduces water consumption to a great extent and can save more water if used on daily basis in all houses. Agricultural appliances used by the farmers should also be of water-saving technology to reduce water consumption while irrigating crops.
Slogans on Rainwater Harvesting
Speech on Rainwater Harvesting
Paragraph on Rain Water Harvesting
Essay on Save Water and Electricity
Essay on Value of Oxygen and Water in Life/Earth